1. I am thankful for much needed breaks from reality. And for swings (I am a total "swinger")! You know the whole Peter Pan, never grow up, adventure thing?! The second picture there would be that part that lives on in me. I stop for all tree swings; it is a must (even ones like this that hurt my feet and reveal my lack of strength by the inability to hold myself up)! And the first picture? That would be the lazy, old soul in me that enjoys basking in sunshiny glory with a book in my hand.
2. I am thankful for strength (even small doses of it) because I needed it was to get through Friday. At least I was rewarded with the above day on Saturday, despite the rain that Orlando newscasters had called for. Strength was then needed again for those on Monday. The events of which also make me thankful for the faith that can be found in humanity and the restoration that can be seen through the stories that come out revealing the best of people in the worst of situations.
3. I am thankful for sunshine on Saturdays! My burnt back may disagree but the rest of my slightly tanned body and the vitamin D infused cells within it are very, very thankful!
4. I am thankful for evenings spent like this...
a great friend to split the meal with and yummy tea! I am always thankful for yummy tea (and great friends of course)!
1. This book!
It is a beautiful story. Typically, I am not one for reading time period pieces but I am really captured by this story right now. It mirrors the book of Hosea and although a fictional recounting, the selfless love of the main character, Michael Hosea, for the main female character is so tender, forgiving and true. I read it and can't help but think of how blessed I am to be loved not only despite all the flawed and bruised parts of my heart but sometimes because of them.
2. I am loving that the little girl I nanny for is reading Harry Potter! It is so much fun to enjoy them with her. Our Wednesday afternoons can often be spent partaking in dramatic readings. The kid is only 8 but she speed reads those things like it is nobodies business! And when she reads out loud to me she does the voices (we are working on our accents) and has perfect intonation. She is genius I tell ya! I am loving that she
3. I am loving that because of her new love affair with Harry Potter I shall probably reread them again as soon as I am done with Redeeming Love. She can only read through the fourth for now and I know I will just want to keep going. So I think I have that to look forward to in my near future!
Any good things for your Thursday? What are you loving lately?